The county seat of Hennepin County goes by many nicknames. Some call it the “City of Lakes,” others call it “Mill City,” while some people call it “Mini Apple.” Minneapolis can mean a great many things to different people, but one thing’s for sure, this city which boasts equal parts urban sophistication and natural beauty has a very special place in the hearts of its locals. Welcome to Minneapolis!
At a Glance
- As of 2014, Minneapolis’ population is estimated to be around 407,200 people. The city is the largest in Minnesota by population.
- The city encompasses a total area of roughly 54 square miles.
- Minneapolis is the county seat of Hennepin County and is considered as the “Twin City” of St. Paul, the capital of Minnesota. St. Paul is approximately around 11 miles west of Minneapolis through I-94.
- Surrounding cities aside from St. Paul include Edina, Minnetonka, Bloomington, Eagan, Maple Grove, and Brooklyn Park.
Places of Interest
- Minnesota History Center – Get to know more about Minneapolis’ rich history and character. The interactive museum, operated by the Minnesota Historical Society, is chock-full of permanent and changing exhibits. It’s also a popular events venue for concerts, lectures, and various special occasions.
- Minneapolis Riverfront– For a fun tour of the historic riverfront, hop on a Segway and join the Magical History Tour, which features stops at Mill City Museum, Gold Medal Park, Guthrie Theatre, and other Minneapolis treasures.
The Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) serves the whole Mill City and operates around 100 public schools in the area, including these schools:
- Field Elementary School
- Burroughs Elementary School
- Olson Middle School
- Northeast Middle School
- Henry Senior High School
- South Senior High School
There are also several universities located in Minneapolis such as the following:
- University of Minnesota – Minneapolis campus
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Augsburg College
- North Central University
Homes for Sale Minneapolis – Homes for Rent in Minneapolis
Search and explore houses for sale in Minneapolis and homes for rent in Minneapolis with Minneapolis Realtor, Scott Haubrich! Call 612-298-5400 to get the hottest listings in Minneapolis!