It seems that the sun has always shone on Golden Valley, and will probably continue to do so in the coming future. The first-ring suburb of Minneapolis, the city is a bright ray of sunshine with its natural areas, thriving business districts, and the wealth of opportunities it offers to its residents and even visitors. This city’s collective forward-thinking attitude is just one of the many reasons why it’s considered as one of the best places to live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
At a Glance
- According to 2014 estimates by the United States Census Bureau, Golden Valley’s population is over 20,800 people. Golden Valley is located within Hennepin County and is part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Surrounding cities include Minneapolis, St. Louis Park, Plymouth, and New Hope.
- Minneapolis, which is located approximately 8 miles from Golden Valley, is just a short drive away. So is St. Paul, the capital of Minnesota, which is roughly 17 miles away.
- Back in the day, Golden Valley was an agricultural community. The community was incorporated on December 16, 1886.
Places of Interest
- Brookview Golf Course – Brookview boasts a challenging and mature 18-hole Regulation Course littered with tree-lined fairways, bunkers, and water hazards.
- General Mills Nature Preserve – Located near Hwy 169 and Hwy 55, the General Mills Nature Preserve allows visitors to take a peek into three habitat types: floodplain forest, shallow marsh, and wet meadow. A trail in the preserve also connects to Golden Valley’s extensive trail system.
Golden Valley is served by two public school districts: Hopkins School District, which operates Meadowbrook Elementary, and Robbinsdale School District, which supervises Noble Elementary.
Other educational opportunities are available at Perpich Center for Arts Education, award-winning state art high school run by the state of Minnesota. There are also three private schools located in Golden Valley.
Homes for Sale Golden Valley MN
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.