Originally inhabited by the Dakota people, Plymouth started out as a town in 1855. During that time, only a gristmill and a few structures stood in the area. Eventually, schools, churches, a post office, and hotels were built.
After the Civil War, Plymouth’s population started to increase, and roads to other towns were built, boosting its economy.
Today, Plymouth provides visitors and residents with an outstanding quality of life. Located around 12 miles northwest of Minneapolis, the city boasts gorgeous trails and open spaces, top-performing school districts, strong neighborhoods, and first-class shopping and entertainment venues.
At a glance
- Plymouth covers a total area of approximately 35 square miles, and is home to over 73,000 residents
- The city was named by Money Magazine as the number one “Best Place to Live” in 2008.
- Plymouth boasts a thriving business environment, and is home to a commercial-industrial base that provides more than 50,000 jobs.
Places of interest
- Medicine Lake is the second largest lake in Hennepin County, attracting huge numbers of boaters and anglers each year. The 925-acre lake is just one of the many bodies of water located in Plymouth.
- French Regional Park is one of Plymouth’s most popular outdoor destinations, offering visitors a wealth of great recreational activities. The park is situated along the shore of Medicine Lake, and features amenities such as lighted hiking and biking trails, a fishing pier, picnic areas, play areas, and a swimming beach.
Hopkins School District, Osseo School District, Wayzata Public Schools, Robbinsdale Area Schools, and West Metro Education Project District are the five school districts that serve Plymouth.
Public schools in Plymouth include:
- Birchview Elementary School/li>
- Gleason Lake Elementary School
- Greenwood Elementary School
- Kimberly Lane Elementary School
- Oakwood Elementary School
- Plymouth Creek Elementary School
- Sunset Hill Elementary School
- Wayzata East Middle School
- Wayzata Central Middle School
- Wayzata West Middle School
- Wayzata High School
Private schools and colleges in the area include:
- Association Free Lutheran Bible School and Seminary
- Fourth Baptist Christian School
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary
- Globe University/Minnesota School of Business
- Providence Academy
- West Lutheran High School
Homes for Sale in Plymouth MN – Homes for Rent in Plymouth MN
Buy Rent Sell, LLC is not a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), nor does it offer MLS access. This website is a service of Buy Rent Sell, LLC, a broker Participant of the Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The listing broker's offer of compensation is made only to participants of the MLS where the listing is filed.
© 2023 Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc. All rights reserved.
RMLS DMCA Notice