Originally part of Richfield Township, the city of Edina was settled during the mid-1800s by a mix of Irish and Scot families. It was named after the Edina Mill, one of the six gristmills built along Hennepin County’s Minnehaha Creek.
Today, the city is home to more than 47,000 permanent residents who enjoy an exceptional lifestyle along with unforgettable outdoor activities, sprawling retail shopping hubs, interesting attractions, and over 40 award-winning public parks.
At a glance
- Edina is very accessible due to numerous major highways that run through or are located close to the city.
- Shopaholics will feel right at home in Edina, as the city boasts a number of great shopping centers which include Southdale Center, Galleria, Yorktown, and Centennial Lakes Plaza.
- Edina’s major employers include FilmTec Corporation, International Dairy Queen, Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina Public Schools, and Lund Food Holdings.
- Visitors of Edina can choose to stay in the city’s two world-class hotels, Westin Galleria Edina and Marriot Residence Inn.
Places of interest
- Considered one of the city’s crown jewels, the one-acre Edinborough Park is a multi-use facility that includes a junior-Olympic size swimming pool, a sprawling indoor playground and play area, a running track, and a state of the art fitness center.
- 50th & France is home to more than 175 unique shops and professional services and over 20 world-class gourmet restaurants.
Public schools in Edina are served by the Edina Public School District. There are currently more than 8,500 K-12 students in the area, served by more than 1,100 teachers and support staff.
Elementary Schools in the area include:
- Creek Valley
Edina is served by two middle schools, South View Middle School and Valley View Middle School.
Edina High School, the city’s only high school is ranked as the number one school in Minnesota by US News and World Reports, with a graduate rate of 99% according to Newsweek.
Edina Homes for Sale
Looking for Edina Homes for Sale and Homes for Rent in Edina MN? Get in touch with Scott Haubrich, Minneapolis realtor, to get the newest listings in Edina! Call 612.298.5400 now!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.